Strengthen our position as a leading Auckland engineering company.
Be the one-stop-shop for all your engineering needs.
Be your first-choice engineering partner marine, industrial and construction engineering.
Constantly exceed your expectations – whatever the job.
Fully-Equipped Engineering Platform
The AIMECS fabrication workshop is strategically based in Rosebank Rd, Avondale, Auckland. With a floor working area of 1300m2 and three overhead cranes up to five ton, no job is too big or small.
- Our workshop and yard serve as logistic base for works performed at customers’ premises, site works, or on ships – whether afloat or in dry-dock. We can van / devan and store customers’ containers, or spare parts and equipment. This is especially useful for marine customers trading to and from New Zealand.
- Fabrication: Our high-stud welding bays allow extensive in-house pre-fabrication and storage when onsite storage is limited.
- Machine shop: We are equipped with conventional mills and lathes with the capacity to machine a wide-range of materials and sizes. This allows us to produce or repair any type or size of equipment that comes through our doors.
- Diesel Fitting and Mechanical: Our team of experienced mechanical and diesel fitters can accommodate almost any diesel or mechanical service required of us. Our in-house partner specialises in overhauling 2-stroke and 4-stroke Marine Diesel Engines cylinder heads, injection pumps and injectors.
We have expertise across a range of materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy and high tensile steel.
Our experienced tradesmen are ticketed to the latest industry standards: AS/NZ, ISO or ASME for structural, marine or industrial requirements.
Our welding procedures cover:
- Pipes (3mm upwards)
- Plates (4mm upwards),
- Pressure vessels – for both for butt and fillet welding, through MMAW (manual metal arc welding), FCAW (flux core arc welding)
- Gasless and gas-shielded
- GTAW (gas tungsten arc welding)
This allows us to meet the requirements of any customer.
At Aimecs, we own and have developed ASME IX welding procedures for semi-automated orbital welding. This enabled us to increase productivity and consistency in weld-quality of pipeline site-welding projects.
We offer a complete management service for your larger projects. We offer each industry the relevant experience and network required to ensure the entire project runs smoothly.
We will liaise with other contractors when necessary and ensure we meet quality standards and deadlines.
From our head office in Auckland, we provide Engineering Consultancy and Management services all around New Zealand.