Aimecs Engineering Ltd is a DNV-GL Approved Maritime Workshop for hull structures and pipelines who specialise in Marine Ship repair.
We offer repair and maintenance services to all overseas cargo ships and large yachts visiting New Zealand, and to coastal vessels and fishing boats within New Zealand. Voyage damage repairs and overhauling can be carried out either in dry-dock, afloat or by a riding gang depending on the circumstances.
Our qualified coded welders possess the skills and knowledge to work within the requirements of all major IACS member Classification Societies on both steel and aluminium hull structural renewals, piping and machineries.
We have class-approved welding procedures for all major types of work and can develop procedures to meet specific requirements such as underwater line wetback welding.
The Aimecs team is available to work on most public dry dockyards or slipways throughout New Zealand.
Our drydock services cover:
- Hull, deck & tank steel works,
- NDT (Non-Destructive Testing),
- Plate thickness measurement,
- Engine overhauling & testing,
- Pipe & valve works,
- Crane repairing,
- Load testing of lifting appliances,
- Propeller, shaft & rudder works,
- Refrigeration & HVAC maintenance,
- Winches, windlasses & deck machineries,
- LSA and FFE service,
- Generator & electrical switchboard maintenance, & fault finding.
We have teams on call for urgent response during your vessel’s stay in port. Repairs and surveys will efficiently be carried-out during cargo operation, respecting both commercial schedule and class requirements.
This will typically cover:
- Survey & steel repairs (hatch covers, gangways, piping, etc.),
- Technical attendance for trouble shooting,
- Stevedore damage repairing,
- Cargo handling gear repair (spreaders, cranes sheaves & wire replacement)
- Anchor ranging,
- Main & auxiliary engines,
- Purifier bowls overhauling & balancing,
- Exhaust valve grinding, etc.
Should the timeframe or machinery use not allow port repairs, a team of tradesmen will sail with the vessel and complete your onboard engineering job before berthing at the next port.
Our marine management team comprises senior captains, engineers and procurement officers. We provide management tailored to the unique requirements of your fleet, including budget, planned maintenance, class and statutory survey, periodical audit/inspection, docking supervision.
We can source and supply genuine and equivalent technical spare parts, deck and engine tools, and consumables through all New Zealand ports.
If required, parts can be stored at our premises for delivery onboard upon arrival. Alternately, we can custom clear, store and deliver overseas shipments to your vessel, or pick-up and send landed parts overseas.