At Aimecs Engineering we are highly skilled and experienced in the field of ship repair, structural engineering, and plant maintenance and installation.
AIMECS has been able to develop a long and successful record of achievements.
History and Structure
AIMECS Engineering Ltd was founded in 1989 by Ross Maxwell from Marine Technical Consultants (METCO) and established in Auckland. Aimecs grew on domestic and international customers needs for fast response and innovative solution in the engineering field.
For the past 27 Years’, we have specialised in providing marine and industrial engineering services across a number of disciplines where we have developed a proven track record for completing complex jobs in difficult environments. Projects we have undertaken have included working in confined spaces, working at heights, working from elevated platforms and working to strict timeframes.
MARINE major dry docking of vessels, extensive hull and deck repairs, damaged crane boom repairs and crane slewing ring replacement, main engine crankshaft renewals, rudder stock repairs, engine room fire damage repairs, tug winch construction, generator overhauls, main deck strengthening and installation of container fittings, …
INDUSTRIAL & CIVIL plant maintenance and shut downs, bridges maintenance, waste management pipe works, etc.
- Auckland Harbor Bridge fabrication / installation of a new walkway (2011),
- Sky City revolving restaurant maintenance (2012 -on going),
- Replacing all suction and discharge pipes at Brown’s bay Watercare treatment plant by stainless pipes (2012),
- Fabrication and installation of new walkways on Auckland Airport landing lights access wharfs (2015),
- Fabrication and installation of new hatches for Watercare valves stations (2016) and
- Site welding 800 NB piling pipes splicing (2016).
We are committed to providing our clients with a tailored solution based on the project specifications and we understand that no two jobs are the same. We operate a 24/7 service, 365 days a year and we pride ourselves in delivering a safe and efficient outcome every time.
Aimecs is working at international standards, the workshop and its staff are DNV-GL approved. All our welders are ticketed to procedures developed under ISO or ASME IX rules.
We have learnt to be reactive, fast working and efficient from the Marine Industry, and successfully adapted our knowledge and expertise to shoe based works. Our strength is flexibility and innovation to carry odd jobs safely, in time and within budget.
Our teams are used to efficiently work on customer’s sites, and in foreign environments.
The founder along with senior management over the years are from shipping backgrounds as sea going Chief Engineers which has provided for the companies understanding of the industry. The current senior management continue this tradition along with sea going Masters to ensure our customers are being provided with a high level of shipping expertise.
OUR TEAMS are highly skilled and experienced across a range of disciplines.
We have a team of in-house Fitters, Engineers, Fabricators, Machinists and Welders who work across all disciplines. We also have CAD capabilities to produce as built drawings.
Our tradesmen are managed by experienced Project Managers who are solution focused. We invest in the right people and tools to carry each work to our customers’ full satisfaction.
We provide an extensive range of services across multiple disciplines including, Marine, Civil, Structural and Maintenance works such as:
- ISO and ASME IX all position ticketed welders
- Pipe welding from 3mm thickness upwards
- Plate welding from 4mm upwards
- Pressure Vessels up to 30b / 28mm wall thickness. Specific procedures are developed for other specifications.
- Manual Arc Welding
- MIG flux core and solid wire
- TIG welding and TIG root run welding
- Pre heat – post heat treatments
- To answer our customers’ needs we are also introducing semi-automated welding processes.
Above are developed across a range of materials from Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium and High Tensile steel.
We custom draft welding procedure to suit each material and environmental constraints.
- Our workshop is well equipped with 3 overhead cranes for any size fabrication.
- Our machining capabilities cover conventional and vertical lathes and milling machines; we have access to gear cutting when need.
NDT and inspections
- Through our sister company Materials and Testing Laboratory, we can carry a full range of materials destructive and non destructive tests, and site welding inspections. The Company is a IANZ approved testing laboratory.
Civil and Industrial Works
- Food plants structural upgrades for new processing chains
- Sewage treatment plants pipe renewal
- Hospital steam pipes renewal
- Heavy earth moving equipment components fabrication
Transport and Heavy Machinery
- Container and heavy equipment trailers modification and repairs
Marine and Port Facilities Works
- Dry docking works
- All afloat repairs
- Extensive steel work including
- hull and main deck
- Ballast tank,
- double bottom,
- fuel tank repairs
- Crane boom repairs
- Pipework repair / renewal
- Diesel engine maintenance and repairs
- Asbestos testing and removal
Logistic and Management
In addition to offering the above services we organize and manage the following:
- Custom Clearance and storage of customers eauipment and parts
- Electrical repairs / requirements including electric motor rewinding to generator size
- Electrical technicians
- Ultrasonic testing for plate thickness
- Crack/flaw detection in components (ultrasound/magnaflux/xray)
- Refrigeration plant maintenance
- Laser alignment of steel structures
- Onsite machining
- Vibration analysis