- Client: RNZN “CANTERBURY”
- Location: Devonport, Auckland
- Service: Pipework, afloat repair, Marine
- Completion: July 2016
- Conversion of void spaces in ballast tanks. Fabrication and installation of 400 NB pipes.
- The first phase of the work was fabricating all pipes sections in the workshop before installation onboard.
- All pipes were NDT controlled prior to being delivered to site.
- Site installation included handling of the sections in the vessel and allowing deck and bulkheads penetrations for connecting to the ship’s systems.
Site installation was difficult due to access and confined spaces